Wednesday, September 3, 2008

tributes

this tribute is for my dad. my dad is my hero! he is the bravest and strongest person in the world.

let me tell you just a few things about my dad. he served in vietnam twice. that was hard because it was not a popular war but daddy felt that it was the right thing to do. his country called and he answered. i have learned patriotism from my dad.

he always made me feel safe and secure. even now i know my daddy is there for me. as dr. phil says, he provided me with a safe place to land. i learned how to be a good parent from my dad.

he is absolutely one of the funniest people on this earth. if you have never had the privilege of being on the receiving end of one of daddy's stories you have definitely missed a treat. my favorite story is the one about the "ghost" train that was really my dad in a plane! i learned to have a good sense of humor from my dad.

my dad is a leader. whenever something needs doing people look to my dad. he is conscientious, dependable, and gets things done. i learned my work ethic from my dad.

my dad is deeply committed to God. he doesn't talk about his relationship with God very much but i have watched my dad through the years and his actions speak volumes. he will and has risked his life for others, greater love has no man than to lay down his life for another. he is always helping others. his charity runs deep. he is always willing to give someone another chance. i learned many of my values as a Christian from my dad.

these are just few things that i love about my dad. again, i could go on and on but these are the things i thought of today : )

No comments: