Monday, September 28, 2009

school, home and church

where do i begin? i know why i'm going back to school (purely worldly) to make more money and that makes me kind of sad. the only way teachers can get raises, especially with the economy, is to go back to school. i'm enjoying doing this with tasha, who is amazing. the girl works like a whirling dervish! but i'm a little disappointed b/c so far all i'm doing is a repeat of my master's degree work. i just keep reminding myself that this time next year i'll be done and will see the "fruits of my labor."

the praise team at church got a very nice compliment from our guest speaker and his wife. they heard us last sunday and we also sang for the beginning of the program they presented at our church on saturday, at their request. we have worked so hard to be sure that we are first of all leading the people in worship and that our music is a blessing. well, the compliment was that our music is truly annointed! we could not have a bigger assurance from jesus that we are in his will with the music!

the other thing that is happening at church is that this thursday we are opening a soup kitchen for folks in our area. this came about by keith's preaching on being a light to others. he asked people to put down on paper what they would be willing to work for and to see happen at church and this was one of the ideas. there are about a dozen people helping with this project! what a blessing : )

the youth group continues to be a bright spot in my life. we are consistently running anywhere from 10 to 12 on wednesday nights. i love seeing these young folks grow in the lord and for them keeping me young! one of "my boys" told me the other week that for someone with white hair i sure didn't act old, ha-ha. we are going to the corn maze in dawsonville saturday. one of the many reasons i love being a youth leader.

my job at school has kept me hopping. i told our curriculum director that it was very unsettling to be new and old at the same time. after all, this is not my first rodeo but it is my first time being at middle school. i still feel a little unsure of myself but they haven't asked me to leave so i guess i'm doing ok. i do love teaching 6th grade, although they are not that much different from older 5th graders. i'm thinking that the change happens after christmas break, that's when we always saw a difference in our 5th graders. i have a wonderful team who have taken me in : ) the day sure flies by b/c of all the classes.

i guess i'll close for now. ttyl

No comments: