Friday, April 10, 2009

good friday

i had completely forgotten that today was good friday! and now i'm wondering how could i have forgotten!! this was the day that my Lord made the ultimate sacrifice for me. if this day had not happened then we would not be able to celebrate His resurrection. it is so incomprehensible to me how someone could love me so much that He hung on that cross for me. i don't think i truly understood this kind of love until i had children of my own. i would gladly die for my children or suffer for them to keep them from harm. this is what God did for us. we are His children and He loves us so much.

sometimes i get lost in the doing of "religion" that i forget how simple the gospel is. all that is required of me is to believe and accept the gift that was given.

i praise God for Easter morning!

No comments: